Hi everyone and welcome to my first ever blog post! I’ve been pondering the idea of starting this for awhile now, and am so excited to finally publish my amazing experiences with clients, my travelling adventures, and anything else I can think of to share with you guys!
As I am a big fan of lists, I figured what better way to introduce my blog to readers than by listing random facts about me to get to know me on a more personal level. Let’s get into it!
1. I have Welsh and Irish roots. For those who don’t know, Wales is in southwest Great Britain and is probably the most beautiful country you’ve NEVER heard of.
2. I love to stay active by playing sports! I’ve been playing ringette and soccer since I was 5 years old and have recently taken up Martial Arts (specifically kickboxing and boxing).
3. My favourite sport to watch is hockey. Go Sens Go!
4. I initially took Photography at Algonquin College in order to be eligible for the Events Management program, but ended up loving photography and starting my own business. I loved both programs and would recommend them to anyone!
5. I used to aspire to be a farmer when I grew up… clearly that didn’t last long!
6. I’ve travelled to 21 countries and can’t wait to blog about my recent trips to Dallas and Costa Rica.
7. My favourite trip so far was when I went to Ireland in 2015. We had a family reunion with over 50 members and it was so nice to visit the farm my grandmother grew up on!
8. I’ve known my best friend since we were 2 years old, when our backyards were attached. We still talk everyday (Hi Emma!).
9. I will NEVER get tired of Kraft Dinner… I don’t know if this is a good thing or a bad thing.
10. As previously mentioned, I’m a list maker and even keep all of my passwords in an old notebook (old school, I know).
11. My parents are both teachers and spent five years teaching in Japan together. They will be celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary this summer!
12. I would wear Lululemon leggings to every occasion if I could.
13. My family and I went to the Vancouver Winter Olympics in 2010 and the London Summer Olympics in 2012. My favourite event of all was the women’s weight lifting, which was actually super impressive to watch!
14. I’m very close to my Granny who conveniently lives on the same street as me! She is hands down the kindest and most giving person I know.
15. One time I accidentally took a big bite of horseradish thinking it was mashed potatoes. I can’t even stand the smell of it alone now…
16. I am obsessed with Shonda Rhimes and all of her shows, specifically Grey’s Anatomy, How to Get Away with Murder, and Scandal.
17. There is a STRONG chance that you will find me in bed with all dressed chips while watching any of the shows mentioned above.
18. Any of my friends would know that my go-to drink is sangria.
19. My boyfriend of six year and I have known eachother since grade 2, and he is my favourite person to do absolutely anything with, especially traveling! We can’t wait to start planning our next weekend away in Boston.
20. I love to collaborate with other companies. Stay tuned for posts about my upcoming projects!
So those are 20 random facts about me! I hope that this didn’t bore you too much and that you were able to gather a bit more insight into me and my life. I look forward to blogging more in the future and would love for further ideas on fun things to write about!